Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Culture and comparative economic development;
- Informal institutions, social values, norms and economic development;
- Political institutions and the state;
- Inequality, gender differences and economic development;
- Trade, migration and comparative development;
- The impact of climate change, natural disasters and conflicts on economic development;
- The influence of geography, technology and history on culture and institutions;
- Entrepreneurial culture and economic development;
- Innovation and creative industries in regional economic development;
- Cultural heritage for urban and regional economic development.
Contributions concerning the Italian or American context are particularly encouraged. Theoretical and empirical papers are welcome.
Submissions of full papers or extended abstracts can be sent to email@example.com no later than July 10, 2019. Papers in a complete version have priority in the selection process. Authors will be notified of the decision by July 20, 2019. Thanks to sponsorship from the American Studies Center of Naples, the conference is free of charge, including meals and social events.
Extended Abstracts or full papers: July 10, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: July 20, 2019
Congress Opens: October 24-25, 2019